Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hong Kong

I am now, briefly in Hong Kong... Hong Kong International Airport has free wifi (*glares malevolently at Auckland International Airport*) - I mean, seriously?! The hell kind of airport doesn't provide free wifi in this day and age?!

That said, a rather large part of me wishes that I didn't have to have my laptop with me at all... Samwise is a HEAVY beast!

The flight over from Auckland was fairly uneventful... I slept for most of it (yay!) and woke up only for the meals (dinner and breakfast) because... well, I'm me, and meals are important!

Beef stew with mash and peas. A warm (!) bread roll... pasta salad and weird cake thing.  Cheese and crackers... and a glass of lumpy OJ - om nom nom!

For dinner I had a beef (and red wine?) stew with (cheesy?) mashed potatoes and peas... there was also a pasta salad (I ate the lettuce out of it) and a weird cake thing with whipped cream... but I didn't finish either of them... I've saved the cheese and crackers to snack on now while I wait for my next boarding call...

Breakfast was fun... I could chose either scrambled eggs with baked beans or hotcakes with white chocolate, fruit compote and vanilla syrup... no prizes for guess my choice there! Mummy and Daddy, you'll be pleased to know that I ate the accompanying fruit salad first... I didn't have room for all my breakfast either!

Hotcakes with white chocolate, berry compote and vanilla syrup... Served with fruit salad and berry yoghurt. Washed down with OJ, Chinese Tea and cold water - yum!

As I said before, the flight was uneventful - but it was the most turbulent long-haul flight I've ever flown!

Now, for a little light facebooking and a little wander to find a drinking fountain...

See you next from London!

xx Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment