Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Square One - We Meet Again!

And so, it has come to this... I am weighing my knickers on the kitchen scales...

Because knicker-weighing is how all normal people pack!

(My Mother would like me to assure y'all that these are clean knickers that I'm weighing with her kitchen scales)

It all started out when... having packed my clothes (which I'd already paired down from want to would-really-quite-like-to-take to what I thought was "essential") I'd filled only half my suitcase... I decided to weigh the case (we have a special suitcase-weigher) to see where I was at... Well, let me tell you where I was at: 22kg. And what is my total weight limit? 23kg.

Cause for mass panic and no small amount of tantruming...

Now... 36 hours and a different (slightly smaller/lighter/more rickety) suitcase later I am at 23.3kg and hoping that AirNZ will let me get away with it... Pleeease!!!

It's amazing what is/isn't truly necessary when you're truly desperate for space!

And before you tell me - as almost everyone has... get rid of a pair of shoes or two... I'm only taking 3 pairs! And I'll be wearing one pair of 'em on the plane! I've got me Chuck's (plane shoes), a pair of running shoes for when I go to Frisky and Sweaty and one (just one!) pair of silly, but beautiful high heels... because a girl's gotta allow herself to feel pretty from time-to-time!

But my Travel Tip for this post... would have to be "seriously, weigh your knickers (and everything else)" you may feel silly at the time but I've probably cut a total of 15kg out of my suitcase by making weight-based decisions!

Until next time... Kat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment